Friday, November 6, 2009

Stretching Speech



My demonstration speech was all based on the importance and technique of stretching, which seems simple but in reality gave a better understanding of how important it is. The introduction to my speech was decent, seeing that I gave people the general outline of what I was about to demonstrate in a clear way. Although the speech didn't have a chronological order, there was a process in my head which I executed just as I had planned. With so many stretches out there I felt it was key to pick several that people knew about, so that I could clear up any misunderstandings about those stretches. The actual informational content was self explanatory, because in stretching I told what the purpose of stretching actually is. I also had a supplemental sheet with many more stretches on it to give the audience more stretching exercises on their own. The use of gestures also allowed for a smoother flowing speech. when people were able to get involved and do the actual stretches it took pressure off of me and allowed me to focus on supplying the audience with more interesting facts. As for the actual conclusion of my speech, there wasn't the most formal closing, but people knew that I was finished due to body language. I also closed with a few words hoping to keep people thinking about the speech and its affects after i was finished. I feel that it is important to leave a lasting message in the audience's head. Through demonstrating a common activity, but in the right way, I feel people will think of the speech anytime they stretch and that is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment